Organization: Management Sciences for Health
Country: Viet Nam
Closing date: 25 Aug 2015
The Accountant is responsible for assisting the Finance Manager with safeguarding the assets (financial and physical) of MSH and ultimately of the donor against fraud, loss or misuse. The Accountant is responsible for ensuring that all transactions are entered accurately and timely into Quickbooks in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, MSH accounting policies and procedures, and donor requirements. The Accountant is aware of, and adheres to, MSH’s ethical conduct and procurement integrity standards in all activities.
Accounting: preparation of payment vouchers and transacting in Quickbooks (50%)
- Prepare payment vouchers.
- Properly code all transactions.
- Control and enter all expenses from the petty cash.
- Payment of expenses, including per diem and transport to participants during activities in the field.
- Assure balances of unused portions of advances are timely deposited into MSH bank accounts.
- Prepare deposit slips for cash to be deposited into the bank account.
- Post expenses, deposits, advances, receivables, prepaids, payables, and liabilities in QuickBooks.
- Ensure proper documentation is filed with vouchers and maintained as per MSH and donor policy.
- Work with HQ to maintain and update QuickBook files.
- Prepare month end close files for HQ, and submit within established MSH timeframes after appropriate review was conducted by the Finance Manager.
- Prepare forms for payments of taxes and social security, as required.
- Other tasks as requested by supervisor.
Preparation of Account Reconciliations (5%)
- Timely reconciliation of advances, including review of receipts.
- Reconcile bank accounts.
- Reconcile liability and other accounts as required.
- Review procurement documentation for office supplies and services to ensure the accuracy and required signatories and necessary documentation are in place according to MSH’s and PFSCM’s policies and procedures.
- Maintain communication with the suppliers and local vendors to process and execute all approved payments for office supplies, commercial services and consultants in a timely manner.
Payroll processes and compulsory insurances (15%)
- Manage timesheets for office staff ensuring timely submission, approval accuracy and filing.
- Provide related information to Payroll service company on salary and insurances, review their calculations and work on related issues.
- Arrange timely payments for salary and insurance contribution to Hanoi Social Insurance Agency, and support office staff in claiming Social Insurance benefits, and reconcile Social Insurance contribution for whole office and each employee.
Other tasks (10%)
- Order and distribute cell phone cards to staff, keep track of card balances, and process payments in cash if needed.
- Deliver and collect documents from the bank and other government authorities.
- Provide back up to the Finance Manager as needed.
- University degree in Accounting or equivalent certification from a Business Technical School.
- 2 years of work experience as an accountant in a similar work organization.
- Prior work experience with non-USG, foundations, and other donors.
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience in the use of accounting software (Quickbooks preferred).
- Experience with US government projects.
- Good account reconciliation skills, including bank accounts, advance accounts and payroll related liability accounts.
- Demonstrated ability to independently analyze balance sheet and expense account transactions and post required adjusting/allocation journal entries.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel), word processing.
- Understanding of the tenets of cash control and asset management, and must be able to complete timely and accurate account reconciliations.
- Ability to follow MSH and donor policies and procedures for procurement and documentation, and ensure adequate accounting documentation for a proper audit trail.
- Fluency in Vietnamese and proficiency in English language including reading, writing, and speaking.
- Knowledge of Vietnamese laws on labor, social & health insurance, and personal income tax.
- Detail oriented with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks and to take initiative.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.
How to apply:
Visit the MSH website to APPLY!