Organization: Winrock International
Country: Viet Nam
Closing date: 30 Jan 2016
Position Title: Communications Specialist
LOCATION: Hanoi, Vietnam
Level of effort: full-time
The Vietnam Clean Energy Program is an ongoing USAID-funded project that aims to build capacity in Vietnam, strengthen the foundation for low emission energy systems, and contribute to the larger overall USAID goals of accelerating the Vietnam’s climate resilience and achieve low emission sustainable development and Vietnamese Government strategy to pursuit its green growth path in the entire national economy.
The Communications Specialist will perform a range of support functions to the Vietnam Clean Energy Program. S/he will perform the following tasks:
• Ensure project is compliant with approved branding and marking plan
• Spearhead implementation of the project’s communication strategy and plan, and update the plan as needed. Among others, activities in the plan include developing information and communication materials such as brochures, videos, etc.;; conducting awareness-raising campaigns through organization of events, online and mass media, and public relations; and putting together communication/marketing kits to be used by the Chief of Party (COP) and Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) in meetings with partners, conferences, speaking engagements, and other similar events
• Develop “Success Stories” and continue the “Women Champions” series, highlighting project accomplishments according to USAID guidelines. On regular basis prepare information on project accomplishments for USAID/Vietnam “Insight” and “Spotlight” information bulletins.
• Lead partnership-building efforts and work with communication and campaign partners, including media, select universities, and other organizations working on the Green Building/Green Growth/Sustainable urban development space
• Prepare presentations and briefing materials as may be required from time to time, and tailor them according to the different types of audiences the project is trying to reach
• Support the drafting of annual work plans and preparation of periodic reports to USAID and the Ministry of Construction (MOC)
• Liaise with USAID and MOC and secure approvals for communications-related documents and events as needed
• Maintain and update the project (VCEP) website
• Maintain the project events’ photos & video files for project archiving and reporting use
• Introduce team building activities and encourage communications among project team/staff
• Knowledge of USAID regulations (includes branding and communications regulations)
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office software
• Must have at least 5 years of progressively more responsible experience in managing USAID-funded or other donor-funded programs.
• Fluency in English and Vietnamese required
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• With established – or willing and able to establish – contacts in the media and other communication program partners such as universities and other organizations doing similar work
• Team player
• Able to prioritize and meet deadlines
• BA degree in Communications or related field; advanced degree preferred
How to apply:
Applicants should submit a current resume, cover letter, and 2 writing samples, referencing “VCEP Communications Specialist” via Winrock’s website http://www.winrock.org/page/careers-winrock by January 30, 2016. Position is contingent upon project needs and availability of funding.