Organization: Overseas Strategic Consulting
Country: China, Thailand, Viet Nam
Closing date: 13 Apr 2016
OSC is seeking locally resident SBCC Specialists for a Counter Wildlife Trafficking Activity (CWT). SBCC Specialists will provide technical assistance in planning, developing, and implementation of SBCC activities for a government contract. SBCC specialists should be experienced in developing research-based SBCC strategies to reduce consumer demand for targeted illegal wildlife products. SBCC Specialists will contribute to the design and implementation of evidence-based SBCC programs, which includes developing media and community mobilization strategies, ensuring cohesion and integration of SBCC objectives into all project interventions, participating in strategic and operational planning, collecting and analyzing data from SBCC activities, and coordinating with regional and central offices in the implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of SBCC activities.
· Residence and ability to work in Thailand, Vietnam, and/or China required
· Fluency in both English and at least one additional local language strongly preferred
· University degree in a relevant area, such as communications, sociology, anthropology, or related fields with experience in SBCC and program management experience in the field of wildlife or biodiversity
· Minimum 5 years professional experience designing and implementing comprehensive, research-driven SBCC campaigns
· Professional experience in creating communications campaigns related to wildlife or biodiversity
· Experience working in collaboration with NGOs and international donors such as USAID
· Experience in facilitation and training, and coaching/mentoring
· Excellent writing, editing, and interpersonal communications skills
· Proficiency in computer Microsoft Office Suite (World, Excel, and PowerPoint) required
How to apply:
Established in 1992, OSC (www.oscltd.com) provides SBCC and strategic communications support for development missions in challenging environments around the world. Using research-based strategies, OSC provides qualitative and quantitative research, technical assistance, and advisory services to donor agencies, governments, private institutions, and civil society organizations, building institutional communications capacity in a multitude of sectors and subject areas. For consideration, please respond to this ad by providing your resume/CV and cover letter using the subject line: “SBCC Specialist – CWT” by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
OSC is committed to recruiting, employing, promoting, and retaining the best-qualified individuals without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.