Organization: Program for Appropriate Technology in Health
Country: Viet Nam
Closing date: 03 Sep 2016
Please submit a cover letter with your resume in one document describing your interest in this position and how you meet the requirements. Application materials must be submitted in English and applicants must have legal authorization to work in Vietnam to be considered and confirm this in their cover letter. PATH offers a highly dynamic work environment and provides competitive compensation and benefits based on experience. Salary and benefit package are paid in VND.
Please note: Vietnamese nationals are encouraged to apply.
PATH is currently recruiting for a Communications Manager to support implementation of “Communities for Healthy Hearts”. This position is under the guidance and supervision of the Project Director. “Communities for Healthy Hearts” is to improve hypertension management and control in Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC). The project will increase access to and use of high-quality hypertension services that are sustainable and scalable through the engagement of social enterprise and public and private healthcare providers at the community level.
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms-vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations-that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
The Mekong Program is a PATH business unit composed of country teams in Vietnam and Myanmar. We also provide assistance to public health programs in Cambodia and Laos. We do not have any active projects in Thailand at this time. Our regional, multi-country approach is enabling PATH to maximize regional talent and expertise, learn and replicate in similar environments, and address public health threats such as multi-drug resistant tuberculosis and malaria that know no borders.
- Serve as the overall lead for the project’s demand generation work related to hypertension. This involves leading the design, implementation and monitoring and evaluation of a behavior change communications (BCC) and social marketing strategy.
- Guide implementation of community communications and outreach events to promote awareness of hypertensions, healthy behaviors and the benefit of routine blood pressure measurement.
- Work closely with local media and communications outfits to implement BCC and social marketing efforts. This includes developing key relationships, preparing scopes of work, and overseeing quality of their work.
- Partner with local department of health to assess their communications development needs related to hypertension and non-communicable diseases, provide capacity building, and jointly create communications tools and materials.
- Develop, guide and coordinate the implementation of key partner mobilization strategies to engage the private sectors, social enterprises, and community groups such as local community and women’s unions, elderly clubs, and social clubs to participate in hypertension control activities.
- Act as the focal point for project communications with the donor, PATH headquarters and the PATH Mekong team.
- Coordinate closely with PATH’s Global Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs) leaders /staff, and local team and partners to develop communication strategies and implementation.
- Provide technical assistance and coordinate in collaboration with partners and stakeholders, including consultants and subcontractors, to anticipate challenges and develop strategies for effective implementation of communications and mobilization activities.
- Serve as a focal point to support social enterprises and public private partnership (PPP).
- Document lessons learned during conception, implementation and follow-up of the communications, marketing and social enterprises and PPP.
- Other tasks as required by the Project Director.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated capability and technical leadership in behavior change communications and/or social marketing strategies/approaches.
- Understanding of community communications and mobilization approaches in Vietnam context.
- Understanding of the Vietnam healthcare system and implementation of public health programs.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent English language skills, including reading, writing and speaking as well as strong presentation skills.Required Experience
- An advanced degree in behavior sciences, communications, social marketing, public health or a related fields.
- At least five years’ experience working in behavior change communications, social marketing, or demand creation approaches; 2-3 years of these in health related work.
- Experience in the private or social enterprise health care sector, preferred.
- Experience in working with the private sector preferred.
How to apply:
To apply, please visit our jobs website at http://www.path.org/jobs/index.php and click on “Job Listings”. Filter by continent and department to find the position you are looking for, and click on the link to begin your application process. To apply directly to this position, please click the link: