Organization: International Organization for Migration
Country: Viet Nam
Closing date: 01 Oct 2016
Position Title : Project Officer
Duty Station : Hanoi, Vietnam
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Nine months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 01 October 2016
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Cabo Verde, Czech
Republic, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Iceland, Cambodia, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Maldives, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, United Republic of Tanzania, Holy See, Saint Vincent and
the Grenadines, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa
IOM and a multi-stakeholder consortium of partners is developing a voluntary certification system for international labour recruitment intermediaries, the International Recruitment Integrity System (IRIS). Once implemented, IRIS will enable businesses to better identify recruitment intermediaries who share their commitment to fair recruitment and labour practices and thereby bring transformative change to a part of the industry that has been linked to labour and human rights abuses in key labour migration corridors.
In the context of IRIS development, IOM will assist IKEA in assessing their selected Asian supply chains’ compliance with ethical recruitment standards based on the IRIS Code of Conduct and the company’s IWAY Standard that supports ethical recruitment of workers. The results of the assessment will be integrated into an action plan developed in collaboration with IKEA that will include recommendations and implementation steps aimed at securing the ethical recruitment of workers in Vietnam, but also scalable throughout IKEA’s broader supply chains. The project will also involve delivery of follow up capacity building activities for IKEA labour recruiters that have undergone assessment during an earlier phase of the project.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) in Vietnam, and in close coordination with Headquarters (HQs) in Geneva, Regional Office (RO) for Asia and the Pacific in Bangkok, and the relevant IOM missions included in this programme, the successful candidate will be responsible for assessing the recruitment activities within IKEA’s suppliers in Vietnam, with the
possibility to scale up throughout IKEA’s broader supply chains and contribute to the IRIS
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Vietnam and other relevant countries.
Mission’s Resource Management Officer (RMO) and CoM.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Social or Political Science, Law, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in the field of migration management, including demonstrated experience in development, implementation, analysis and evaluation of labour migration programs;
• Experience in liaising with Government authorities, NGOs, and other national/international institutions;
• Knowledge of vocational training and skills certification;
• Experience in program management including budget planning and monitoring;
• Experience in private sector outreach and engagement;
• Strong knowledge of Information Management and relevant computer applications. Familiarity with financial and business administration;
• Working experience in the region is an advantage.
Fluency in English is required.
Appointment is subject to funding confirmation
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 01 October 2016 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 22.09.2016 to 01.10.2016
Requisition: SVN 2016/91 (P) – Project Officer (P2) – Hanoi, Vietnam (54855154) Released
Posting: Posting NC54855161 (54855161) Released