Organization: UN Children’s Fund
Country: Viet Nam
Closing date: 29 Mar 2017
The ideal candidate:
UNICEF is seeking a committed, creative Senior Communication Assistantwho is passionate about making a lasting difference for children. The candidate should have excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and Vietnamese and may be called upon to provide official translation of documents or interpretation during high-level meetings so he/she should keep abreast of terminology related to child rights and development work. The person should be highly adaptable, organized and should demonstrate entrepreneurial skills in order to support the communication team to timely deliver quality content in both languages that is clear, consistent, and free of inaccuracies. The candidate should maintain good work relationship across the office to coordinate and consolidate internal contributions for various communication activities, to identify and retrieve additional information, and to coordinate the outsourcing of the different production steps. The candidate should be familiar with social media as well as with current trends and practices in the field of communication in order to adapt the language to the right target audience.
Purpose of the job
Under the direct supervision of the Chief Communication and Advocacy (P4) and overall guidance of the One UN Communications Manager, the incumbent is accountable for a number of communication and programme administrative functions to support and facilitate communication and public advocacy work for the Communication Section as well as office wide. Key functions include (i) assisting in the planning, execution and monitoring of Communication, Public Advocacy, Media & External relations agenda in support of the work of UNICEF and the larger One UN Communications team (ii) providing editing and translating support for the implementation of communication and public advocacy activities (iii) facilitating knowledge management and information sharing among the different sections (iv) assist in communication with external partners and key select audience (v) providing programme administrative support for budget planning, fund management, project monitoring and conducting assurance activities.
Key functions, accountabilities and related duties/tasks:
1. Communication support provided to ensure quality and effectiveness of implementation of communication and public advocacy strategy:
2. Editing and translation support is provided for quality assurance and to maximize the audience reached in country and abroad:
3. Support is provided to facilitate information sharing and knowledge management among the country office and to ensure effective public advocacy, and for effective working relations maintained implementing partners and other agencies:
4. Programme support provided to facilitate timely and quality budget planning, disbursement of funds, monitoring of fund utilization and project monitoring:
5. Correspondences drafted and communication with partners efficiently assisted to support programme implementation:
Impact of Results:
This profile will enhance communication and public advocacy by providing support to ensure strong coherent and compelling narrative to reach out to a broad audience in Viet Nam and abroad; and for meaningful engagement with partners and stakeholders in Viet Nam.
Education: Completion of Secondary School Education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses in a field related to communication, translation or other fields related to the work of the organization.
Experience: Seven years of work experience in communication, editing, translation/ interpretation,programme administration work, accounting, financial or budget work.
Language: Fluency in both English and Vietnamese is required.
Competencies and level of proficiency required
To view our competency framework, please click here.
What we can offer you?
– Competitive salary: Ranging from USD22,378 (net annually) depending on qualifications and experience.
– Pension benefits: You will become a participant in the United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund.
– Health insurance scheme: You and your eligible dependents will be covered by the UN Medical Insurance Plan.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
How to apply:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=503536