Organization: Management Systems International
Country: Viet Nam
Closing date: 14 May 2017
Team Leader, Final Performance Evaluation of the Vietnam Education
Foundation, Hanoi, Vietnam
Company Profile: MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Proposal Summary: **
The Vietnam Education Foundation (VEF) requires the services of an independent evaluation firm to conduct an end of program evaluation covering its activities and achievements over the period of 2000 to 2017. The performance evaluation is expected to begin in mid- June 2017 for a duration of 6 months (with travel to Vietnam for fieldwork in July/August 2017.
- Conduct and oversee all aspects of the evaluation, including producing an evaluation design, carrying out data collection and analysis and producing draft and final reports. The position is also responsible for supervising the work of other team members and managing the relationship with the client.
- Ensure that evaluation tasks and deliverables meet the requirements and quality standards of MSI and VEF.
- Lead and conduct desk research assignments and the development of inputs to inform the design documents and methodologies of the performance evaluation. Carry out research and analysis based on the approved methodology for the evaluation.
- Oversee and participate in data collection in Vietnam. Lead and participate in presentations of findings, conclusions and recommendations to the client and other stakeholders.
- Ensure alignment of the evaluation design and data collection instruments with the research objectives. Lead the drafting and finalization of the evaluation design documents.
- Experience designing and leading the implementation of mixed methods evaluations of international development programs. An understanding of the U.S. Department of State or the USAID Evaluation Policy highly preferred.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field such as higher education development and management.
- 20 years of evaluation experience in in the education development field. Prior evaluation team leader or evaluation management experience is required.
- Sound knowledge of best practices for international exchange programs and higher education development. Proven experience in directing field research, including conducting key informant interviews, focus group discussions and surveys. Excellent qualitative and quantitative data analysis and report writing skills.
- Professional English speaking, writing, and reading ability required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with the Vietnamese government is desirable.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
How to apply: