Organization: Fred Hollows Foundation
Country: Philippines, Viet Nam
Closing date: 24 Jul 2017
Regional Finance Controller – East Asia
- International Development Organisation
- Hands-on financial role supporting our East Asia Regional team
- Be a significant contributor to ending avoidable blindness
- Full-time position based in Philippines (Manila), or Vietnam (Da Nang or Hanoi)
- Applicants with the appropriate visa rights to work in the Philippines or Vietnam will be considered
The Fred Hollows Foundation, an international NGO founded in 1992 has been a driving force in the development and implementation of blindness prevention programs in some of the poorest and most isolated regions in the world. Currently operating in 25 countries throughout Africa, South Asia and South East Asia, The Foundation is working to end avoidable blindness.
Reporting to the Global Lead – Financial Controllership, the Regional Finance Controller will be accountable for overseeing financial operations and building the capacity of finance teams within the East Asia region. This is a newly created position in which you will provide direct hands-on financial support and advisory assistance to Country programs and Regional Directors.
- Collaborate with Country offices and Sydney-based Head Office in relation to regional finance strategy
- Analyse regional financial performance against The Foundation’s and Donor budgets and objectives;
- Review and challenge Country Office reports, budgets and forecasts to identify gaps, risks and opportunities, and to ensure completeness, accuracy and reliability
- Regularly monitor and implement internal financial controls to ensure compliance with internal financial policies and external local laws and regulations
- Proactively identify and mitigate financial risks
- Follow up and address internal and external audit recommendations
- Build capacity, mentor and develop country finance teams with regard to financial policies, processes, procedures, financial systems and technical finance capability within region.
Essential criteria includes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or related field; CA or CPA is highly desirable.
- Experience managing and coordinating a finance function
- Previous experience working in a regional/head office capacity
- Demonstrated experience, including budgeting, analysis, system control, policy development & compliance, internal and external audit
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills to be able to develop new initiatives, provide solutions and recommendations, identify critical issues, build capacity and standardise processes
- Ability to demonstrate strong objectivity and independence to be able to challenge stakeholders in pursuit of financial management excellence
- Excellent communication skills including fluency in written and spoken English and the ability to write effectively for varied purposes and audiences.
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively across diverse cultures and environments.
This is an exciting time to join The Fred Hollows Foundation as we seek to deliver even greater impact and enhance our ability to accomplish our vision.
How to apply:
Applications should be made via our website: http://www.hollows.org/au/careers/current-vacancies and should include your resume and cover letter addressing all areas expressed in the ‘experience, skills & attributes’ section of the Job Description.
Closing Date for Applications: 24th July 2017
To be eligible to apply for this position, you must have the appropriate visa rights to work in the Philippines or Vietnam, with the ability to travel freely across the East Asia region.
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child safe environment.