Organization: Management Systems International
Country: Viet Nam
Closing date: 19 Jul 2017
Senior Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist,
Vietnam Evaluation, Monitoring, & Survey Services Project, Vietnam
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The position provides key support to the chief of party (COP) on all management areas under her/his direct supervision. The position is responsible for analytic and administrative tasks as determined by the project’s annual workplan. S/he will also collaborate with international colleagues, technical personnel, subcontractors and international partner organizations, and local governmental partners.
The senior M&E specialist will serve as an M&E program specialist and participate in and lead technical and analytical assignments, as well as periodically supervise consultants and subcontractors. The role will focus on the following:
- Conducting and participating in performance evaluations and impact evaluations.
- Leading and participating in the development of evaluation methodologies.
- Participating on evaluation teams.
- Conducting other analytic assignments on behalf of USAID, including survey design and special studies.
- Providing monitoring systems training and support to USAID and implementing partners.
- Designing and participating in learning events related to evaluation presentations and utilization.
- Supervising the work of consultants and survey firms; and conducting other analytic work as required by USAID.
This position will require participation and travel within Vietnam to support technical analytic studies, and is based in Hanoi.
- Master’s degree in business or financial administration, monitoring and evaluation, public policy or social science research, international cooperation/international development, or a related field (or 8 years of relevant experience in lieu of a master’s degree).
- A minimum of eight (8) years of professional experience with at least five (5) years of experience in work related to M&E.
- Proven leadership, management and supervisory skills supporting complex activities involving coordination with multiple program partner institutions.
- Experience working on USAID or other donor-funded social and economic development programs.
- Experience working in complex environments involving multiple organizations, with a demonstrated ability to work with and build productive relationships with senior USAID and other donor officials, Government of Vietnam officials, and project-implementing agencies.
- Experience in performance monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in providing training related to M&E services is desired, but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to direct and oversee the work of M&E teams that may come from diverse backgrounds, experiences, genders, and cultures.
- Experience in providing technical quality control over M&E related services, including reviewing proposed evaluation methodologies, implementing agency monitoring and reporting systems, and overseeing surveys.
- An ability to manage workplans and lead meetings with senior government officials.
- Familiarity with the political, social, and cultural development context in Vietnam.
- Fluency in Vietnamese and strong written and oral communications skills in English.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
How to apply: