Organization: International Organization for Migration
Country: Viet Nam
Closing date: 13 Jul 2017
Position Title : Project Officer
Duty Station : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Nine months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 13 July 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries: Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Congo, Cabo Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Maldives, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the overall guidance of the Chief of Mission (COM) in Vietnam, the direct administrative supervision of the Head of Sub-Office in Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC), the direct technical supervision of the Global Programme Coordinator, Visa Application Center (VAC) in Headquarters, and in consultation with the COM in Cambodia for administrative matters of VAC operations in Phnom Penh, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the day-to-day operations of the Canadian Visa Application Centers (CVACs) in Vietnam (HCMC and Hanoi) and in Cambodia (Phnom Penh).
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Political or Social Science, International Relations, Law, Migration Studies or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in humanitarian programmes for migrants;
• Experience in liaising with governmental and diplomatic authorities as well as with national and international institutions;
• Familiarity with financial and business administration;
• Knowledge of the region is an advantage.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Vietnamese is an advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
nternationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 13 July 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 30.06.2017 to 13.07.2017
Requisition: SVN 2017/124 (P) – Project Officer (CVAC) (P2) – Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (55104788) Released
Posting: Posting NC55104805 (55104805) Released