Organization: Asia Injury Prevention Foundation
Country: Viet Nam
Closing date: 31 Jul 2017
About AIP Foundation
AIP Foundation is a U.S. registered 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization addressing the pervasive and devastating rate of road traffic crash injuries and fatalities in developing countries through a holistic set of programs, with a particular focus on helmet use. Our pillared strategy includes access to safe equipment; public awareness campaigns; school-based and targeted population campaigns; technical assistance, particularly focused on legislative advocacy and helmet standards; and research, monitoring, and evaluation. AIP Foundation has a 40-person staff with offices in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam; Phnom Penh, Cambodia; Bangkok, Thailand; and Chengdu, China. AIP Foundation funders and partners include a wide variety of public and private donors, including the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, USAID, FIA Foundation, Safe Kids Worldwide, UPS, Johnson & Johnson, Chevron and local government agencies. For additional information, please visit www.aip-foundation.org
The Business Development Manager reports directly to the CEO and identifies, secures, manages and optimizes funding from diverse sources. Working with program teams of different country offices, you will develop funding priorities and plans in line with strategic objectives. Your success will come from the ability to establish internal and external relationships that translate into program based funding coupled with the ability to deliver high quality proposals. Your experience will come from international corporations or the international development sector where you have managed key relationships.
· Assists in development, review and analysis of issues and trends relevant for road safety.
· Identifies and assesses opportunities for new partnerships, and ensures liaison between AIP Foundation’s stakeholders and internal teams to develop and sustain strategic, well executed partnerships.
· Researches and develops plans to access corporate and philanthropic funding sources, executes proposals and assists with managing these funds.
· Cultivates and nurtures new and ongoing relationships with corporate and philanthropic sponsors.
· Coordinates internal systems to improve the efficiency of the development team, including calendars, document management, and databases.
· Provides administrative and organizational support to meetings and conferences attended by the CEO including preparation of documents and presentations.
· Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree preferred (but not required given adequate experience)
· At least 5 years of experience with business development at international corporation or non-profit fundraising
· Exceptional verbal and written English and Vietnamese communication skills
· Proficiency in standard software programs
· Communication: Exceptional interpersonal skills, and ability to communication organization’s mission to a wide variety of audiences. Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience. Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
· Planning: Strong organizational and planning skills. Ability to apply judgment in the context of assignments given, plan own work and manage conflicting priorities.
· Results: Strategic and persistent ability to achieve organizational fundraising objectives. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting fundraising commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
· Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise, and is willing to learn from others.
· Partners: Identifies partners’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions. Monitors developments inside and outside the partners’ environment to anticipate problems.
How to apply:
Contact and Deadline
· Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
· All applications will be carefully vetted including working history and background checks.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.