Country: Viet Nam
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017
NOTE: PATH offers a highly dynamic work environment, local benefit package and competitive compensation paid in local currency. All applications are made online. Deadline for applications: August 30th, 2017.
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity.
PATH is implementing “Communities for Healthy Hearts” to improve hypertension management and control in Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC). The project will increase access to and use of high-quality hypertension services that are sustainable and scalable through the engagement of social enterprise and public and private healthcare providers at the community level.
We are hiring a highly-capable Technical Manager to join our PATH office in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam to take all technical lead to provide overall technical direction, management, monitoring and evaluation of the project implementation.
- Serve as a technical lead to provide overall technical direction, management, monitoring and evaluation of the project implementation.
- Guide, develop the project workplan and budgets in the responsible area; and oversee, coordinate, execute, monitor and evaluate the implementation of a community based hypertension model from screening, referral, diagnosis, treatment and hypertension management.
- Design, provide and oversee training activities and guidelines to ensure that health care worker training, standard operating procedures and other technical tools are of quality, and developed with inputs from cardio-vascular disease and hypertension specialists.
- Establish a strong mentoring and supportive supervision system for health care workers engaged in hypertension diagnosis, treatment and prevention.
- Oversee development of health care worker and patient training and tools that enable patient-centered chronic disease management. These include training in developing and implementing patient-centered care plans, treatment adherence and self-care counseling, and case management for hypertension patients.
- Test and document new innovations aimed at improving hypertension diagnosis, treatment and adherence.
- Manage and oversee consultants and subcontractors involved in implement technical work related to hypertension screening, referral and treatment activities.
- Provide technical inputs and assistance for communication strategies, activities and Behavior Change Campaign
- Work with the Communications Manager and Project Director to document key project lessons learned and success stories
- Supervise other team members (as required)
Other tasks as required by the Project Director.
Required Skills and Experience:
An advanced degree in medicine, public health, or related fields.
At least five years’ experience working in medicine and/or public health.
At least two – three years’ experience in working in the health facilities/hospital settings.
Project implementation and execution skills.
Understanding of the Vietnam healthcare system and implementation of public health programs in both healthcare/hospitals and community settings. Understanding of non-communicable diseases and chronic disease management in low and middle-income settings is ideal and preferred.
Experience in private sector is desirable.
Excellent English language skills.
Having project implementation and execution skills.
Must have legal authorization to work in Vietnam.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. **
How to apply:
Please apply directly through our website: http://bit.ly/2uhRzTR