Country: Viet Nam
Closing date: 17 Nov 2017
Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated $25 to $50 million Responsible Trade and Growth project in Vietnam. The project aims to integrate small and medium enterprises into global value chains. The project team will work within a dynamic environment including thought leaders with expertise in trade and investment facilitation, economic growth, and micro-, small, and medium enterprise development best practices. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall project leadership through strategic planning, management, and technical implementation, ensuring all project activities meet target economic objectives
- Serve as the primary liaison with USAID, the Vietnamese government, local partners, stakeholders, and counterparts in the public and private sector
- Provide technical expertise in economic growth, sustainability, and inclusivity in programming
- Oversee project compliance, work planning, performance management, financial management, budgeting, and strategic communications
- Master’s degree or higher in economics, international development, public financial management, business management, or a related field required
- Minimum 10 years of international development experience in designing, managing, and implementing large projects in trade and growth, investment, and private sector engagement
- Minimum five years of experience as chief of party of donor-funded technical assistance team for projects of similar magnitude and complexity
- Experience working in Southeast Asia required; experience working in Vietnam and with USAID preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English speaking, reading, and writing required
How to apply:
Please send electronic submissions of your CV and cover letter to VietnamRTGrecruit@chemonics.com by November 17, 2017. Please include “Chief of Party – Vietnam RTG SMEs” in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.