Organization: International Organization for Migration
Country: Viet Nam
Closing date: 23 Nov 2017
Position Title : Project Officer (Corporate Responsibility in Eliminating
Slavery & Trafficking)
Duty Station : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Nine months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 23 November 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading
UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and
non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries: Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Cabo Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Maldives, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
In the globalized economy, migrants make up important parts of the labour force in international supply chains. While the migration experience often leads to positive outcomes for workers and their families, many prospective migrants are subjected to unethical recruitment practices that may include excessive fees, low wages, unreasonable physical demands or excessive time spent in remote locations. Migrant workers are therefore vulnerable to abusive and exploitative recruitment and employment practices which places them among the estimated 11.7 million people in the Asia-Pacific subjected to various forms of forced labour. IOM’s Corporate Responsibility in Eliminating Slavery and Trafficking in Asia (CREST) initiative identifies businesses as a critical partner in the fight against modern slavery and forced labour, with the private sector offering unique skills, knowledge and market leverage.
Under overall supervision of the IOM Chief of Mission in Viet Nam and the direct supervision of the CREST Project Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for implementing the regional Project: “Corporate Responsibility in Eliminating Slavery and Trafficking” (CREST) in Asia. The project seeks to enable private sector and regional actors to better protect the human and labour rights of migrant workers within supply chains across Asia.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Social or Political Science, Law, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in developing and implementing programmes related to labour migration, international labour recruitment and corporate sustainability and compliance programmes;
• Knowledge of ethical recruitment, labour migration and human trafficking;
• Strong knowledge of and commitment to gender equality and human rights;
• Experience in liaising with the private sector, governmental and diplomatic authorities, as well as with international institutions and the
• Previous working experience in the region is an advantage;
• Familiarity with Swedish donor procedures is an advantage.
• Demonstrated experience in programme development, implementation, analysis and evaluation, including budget planning and monitoring;
• Working experience in the region is an advantage.
Fluency in English is required.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 23 November 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 10.11.2017 to 23.11.2017
Requisition: SVN 2017/209 (P) – Project Officer (CREST) (P2) – Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (55238474) Released
Posting: Posting NC55238484 (55238484) Released te