Organization: Conseil Santé
Country: Cambodia, Lao People’s Democratic Republic (the), Viet Nam
Closing date: 07 Jan 2018
Conseil Santé is currently implementing the “Technical Assistance to the Regional Capacity Development for Strengthening Resilience to Climate Change in the Health Sector in the Greater Mekong Subregion” for the Asian Development Bank (RETA-8898).
The TA is aiming at three Outputs:
Knowledge and understanding of the relationship between climate change and human health improved.
Human resource skills in coping with climate change adaptation in the health sector strengthened.
Knowledge products shared and advocacy promoted.
The team comprises 6 international experts and 11 national experts in Vietnam, Lao PDR, and Cambodia.
We are looking for an international Public Health Expert to join the team in January 2018. The expected inputs are approx. 8 person months (~35% in the field), stretched until end-2018.
The international Public Health Expert will mostly be working towards achieving Output 1, but will also provide inputs to Outputs 2 and 3. S/he will:
Contribute to Climate Change and Health Adaptation Options Identification, Description and Evaluation and Prioritization in coordination with the Vulnerability & Adaptation Assessment (V&A) teams and the national experts: Provide technical inputs and coordinate national consultants with respect to Adaptation Options Analysis for each country (identification, evaluation/prioritization, and recommendations on next steps).
Provide Hands-On-Support to the V&As’ subcontractors (and Health National Adaptation Plan related work/Adaptation Planning) in each country: respond to theoretical and practical queries; provide support to the development and analysis of questionnaires/surveys; strengthen the structure of V&A reports aiming at standardization; review V&A reports; strengthen the potential link between the V&As and contribute to knowledge products prepared by the TA team.
Provide technical inputs to the Pre-feasibility study on Integrated Surveillance/Early Warning Systems: contribute to the description of the status of ISS/EWS and related topics in each country, etc.
- International Consultant holding a Master’s or doctorate degree in public health, epidemiology, or equivalent
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in public health; disease surveillance; climate change and health adaptation; or vulnerability assessment
- Proven experience in working in South-East Asia, especially in the three target countries
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English
- Proactive and autonomous working ability
- Excellent reporting skills
- Systematic/organized working approach
- Comfortable with working with various counterparts from different fields in the target countries (teams at ministerial level, teams at universities, various stakeholders from the civil society, and others).
How to apply:
Please send your detailed CV specifying your availability to firstname.lastname@example.org