Country: Viet Nam
Closing date: 31 Dec 2017
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant.
Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Pact is recruiting a Chief of Party (COP) for an upcoming USAID funded opportunity, Responsible Trade and Growth (SMEs Integration). The project will focus on integrating Small and Medium Enterprises into global value chains.
The COP will provide technical leadership and operational oversight for the project and will serve as the primary liaison with USAID and relevant project stakeholders. This position is contingent upon award.
- Responsible for the overall technical direction of the project and management of project activities, providing leadership to the project team to ensure high quality programming to achieve project results.
- Serve as Pact’s liaison to USAID, partners, the Government of Vietnam, and other key stakeholders.
- Oversee project planning (i.e., development of work plans and operating budget) and reporting (i.e., review and approve periodic budgets and reports).
- Manage project budget to meet expected results, ensuring cost-effective use of Pact and donor resources.
- Ensure that USAID and Pact reporting requirements on program impact are met. Oversee project staff in helping partners establish reporting and tracking systems to provide key information in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ensure close coordination with other relevant initiatives in country.
- Provide regular written/oral program progress updates as requested.
Perform other duties as assigned.
At least 10 years of professional experience in economic growth, SMEs development, private sector partnerships, or supply chain management.
Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in a relevant field, such as economics, business administration, or international development.
At least 5 years of experience managing large, donor-funded projects.
Demonstrated track record in successfully building and effectively managing diverse teams of employees.
Demonstrated effective personnel management, coordination, and decision-making skills, with an ability to troubleshoot.
Exceptional communication and collaboration skills and a proven track record of collaborating with other projects, high-level government counterparts, and international agencies.
Familiarity with the economic, social, political, and cultural context of Vietnam.
Prior experience working in Vietnam or Southeast Asia.
Fluency in English.
Experience managing USAID-funded programs.
Experience working on women’s economic empowerment and gender and entrepreneurship, preferably in Southeast Asia.
Fluency in Vietnamese.Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
How to apply: