Country: Viet Nam
Closing date: 31 Dec 2017
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant.
Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Pact is recruiting a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for an upcoming USAID funded opportunity, Responsible Trade and Growth (SMEs Integration). The project will focus on integrating Small and Medium Enterprises into global value chains.
The DCOP is an executive level position responsible for working with the Chief of Party (COP) and the technical team in daily operations to ensure the project achieves its objectives. This position is contigent upon award.
- Ensure high-quality technical programming through hands-on staff supervision and partner support.
- Contribute to project planning, including the development of annual work plans and budgets; help guide and oversee the alignment of the budget to expected results; and review annual budgets and quarterly reports.
- Ensure the cost-effective use of resources.
- Ensure compliance with HQ and donor requirements, policies, and regulations.
- In coordination with the COP, serve as a liaison to relevant donors, the local government, and other stakeholders.
- Provide training and mentoring to partners to strengthen capacity.
- Take the lead in drafting reports, including quarterly and annual reports to USAID.
- Help recruit and directly supervise local project staff; oversee the management and development of project office human resources to ensure a diverse, skilled, and productive workforce, an effective leadership team, and an organizational culture where Pact’s values are practiced.
- Serve as Acting COP in the COP’s absence.
Perform other duties as assigned.
At least 7 years of professional experience in economic growth, SMEs development, private sector partnerships, or supply chain management.
Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in a relevant field, such as economics, business administration, or international development.
Demonstrated experience in overseeing programmatic, administrative, and financial management functions of international development work.
Demonstrated effective personnel management, coordination, and decision-making skills, with an ability to troubleshoot.
Exceptional communication and collaboration skills and a proven track record of collaborating with other projects, high-level government counterparts, and international agencies.
Familiarity with the economic, social, political, and cultural context of Vietnam.
Prior experience working in Vietnam.
Fluency in English.
Experience working on USAID-funded programs.
Fluency in Vietnamese.
Local applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
How to apply: