Organization: Clinton Health Access Initiative
Country: Viet Nam
Closing date: 01 Feb 2018
Founded in 2002, by President William J. Clinton and Ira C. Magaziner, the Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (“CHAI”) is a global health organization committed to saving lives, reducing the burden of disease and strengthening integrated health systems in the developing world.
CHAI is scaling up its viral hepatitis program, which will work towards improving access to treatment and diagnostics for hepatitis B and C in low and lower middle income countries.
Summary of Position
The Associate will support the implementation and scale-up of CHAI’s hepatitis country programs in the South and South East Asia (SEA) region with both supply and demand-side activities. The Associate will be based in the SEA region and will support country teams as they begin to scale-up public viral hepatitis programs, helping to optimize policies and processes to ensure access to high quality hepatitis drugs and diagnostic testing. The Associate will also support the development of programmatic tools (costing, forecasting, supply planning, M&E) and financing strategies that can be used in the development of public treatment programs. Extensive travel will be required. The Associate will report to the team Program Manager.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding credentials, strong analytical abilities, and communication skills. The candidate must be self-driven, entrepreneurial, adaptable and have a high level of comfort with ambiguity. They will be expected to function independently and flexibly, with little to no oversight. They must be self-assured, a fast learner, resilient, and a strong team player. CHAI places great value on relevant personal qualities: resourcefulness, responsible, tenacious, independent, and energetic.
- Provide support to South Asia and SEA governments and CHAI country teams on program development and implementation relating to viral hepatitis
- Help countries to build their capacity on costing, forecasting, and supply and distribution planning, including developing tools for use in public programs
- Support country teams with budget and scenario analysis; help develop strategies to advocate for the changes with key in-country opinion leaders
- Support the development of patient targets and model credible uptake forecasts for use in supplier business cases
- Disseminate information from CHAI and other sources on supply dynamics and access-to-medicines issues
- Develop coherent and convincing materials related to viral hepatitis programs for use in countries, with suppliers, and with donors
- Provide coordination support on projects across multiple CHAI focal countries, with multiple work streams in each country
- Share best practices across country program to ensure knowledge is shared on the strategies, tools and experiences of all programs
Handle any additional responsibilities that may arise as programs mature and programmatic priorities shift
Outstanding academic credentials
Bachelor’s degree plus 3-5 years of work experience
Experience living and/or working in developing countries
Excellent written and oral communications skills
Strong quantitative skills, including significant experience working in excel on modeling
Strong communication skills, including the ability to prepare compelling presentations
Applicants with management consulting or other relevant private and public sector experience are strongly encouraged to apply
Ability to multi-task and to be effective in high-pressure situations
Ability to absorb and synthesize a broad range of information, including technical information regarding various drugs
Ability to work independently on complex projects and proactively manage projects with minimal supervision
High EQ and excellent interpersonal skills, especially in cross-cultural settings, with demonstrated ability to build relationships quickly
High level of proficiency in relevant computer applications particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word
How to apply: