Organization: International Organization for Migration
Country: Viet Nam
Closing date: 08 Mar 2018
Position Title : Project Coordinator
Duty Station : Hanoi, Vietnam
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Nine months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 08 March 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading
UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and
non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Cabo Verde, Djibouti, Fiji, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Guyana, Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) in Ha Noi and in cooperation with relevant units at Headquarters (HQs) and the Regional Office (RO) Bangkok, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the implementation, oversight, and co-ordination of IOM Viet Nam’s grant-funded programmes and projects. S/he will also be expect to support IOM in its engagement with the One UN in Viet Nam.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in International Relations, Political Science, Business or Public Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in programme formulation, implementation and evaluation;
• Experience in development programmes for migrants and capacity-building activities including for people smuggling and migrant trafficking;
• Experience in liaising with governmental and diplomatic authorities as well as with national and international institutions;
• Familiarity with financial and business administration;
• Sound and proven understanding of internal and international migration issues in Viet Nam, the sub-region and related issues;
• Knowledge of the region is an advantage;
• Experience with One UN programming is an advantage.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Vietnamese is an advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 08 March 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 23.02.2018 to 08.03.2018
Requisition: SVN 2018/54 (P) – Project Coordinator (P3) – Ha Noi, Viet Nam (55381079) Released
Posting: Posting NC55381088 (55381088) Released