Organization: Social Impact
Country: Viet Nam
Closing date: 25 Jun 2018
Chief of Party, USAID/Vietnam Support Services Contract, Vietnam
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
The anticipated scope of the five-year project is to support USAID/Vietnam staff and partners to implement more efficient, effective and transparent programs by improving: (1) USAID and IP’s capacity to achieve expected results; (2) USAID’s understanding and tracking of project performance; and (3) coordination, collaboration and learning (CLA). The RFP is expected to be released August 1st, 2018, and the project will likely be awarded early 2019.
SI is seeking a full-time Chief of Party (COP) to oversee and manage the eventual project. The COP will serve as the individual bearing primary responsibility for technical aspects of contract performance, including design and advice on technical M&E and CLA activities, providing central oversight, and maintaining acceptable standards of quality for tasks assigned. The COP position will be full-time, based in Hanoi, for the duration of the project.
· Manage the field office, including supervision of Vietnam-based expatriate and national staff.
· Coordinate, as requested by USAID/Vietnam, with USAID partner organizations, in conducting evaluation, CLA, and project performance support tasks in accordance with the work plan.
· Work with SI HQ staff to identify and nominate technical specialists and consultants for short-term technical assistance to meet the objectives of the project.
· Advise and educate other partners, USAID teams, and other Contractors on policies and services offered by the project.
· Supervise the development, implementation and reporting of support activities tasks in accordance with the work plan.
· Assure compliance with contract provisions, including annual work plans and other reports.
· Master’s or higher degree in management, organizational development, international development, social science, or a related field required.
· Demonstrated experience in international development project management of contracts similar in size and scope, in monitoring and evaluation (including subcontracts and satellite offices).
· Demonstrated capacity to manage multi-cultural environment and to provide consulting services in helping clients analyze problems, devise and adopt solutions.
· Must have proven supervisory and team leadership experience of diverse, multi-disciplinary expatriate and national staff.
· Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking and planning, management, and presentation skills.
· Must have strong leadership experience to ensure adequate liaison with USAID/Vietnam and provide comprehensive monitoring and evaluation support.
· Demonstrated considerable CLA and M&E knowledge and skills, including learning, adaptive management, evaluation designs, methods, qualitative and quantitative analysis skills, and ability to oversee data collection and provide quality assurance.
· Previous experience managing USAID-funded contracts required.
· Experience working in Vietnam or similar South Asian countries is desired.
· Fluency in English is required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
How to apply: