Organization: Social Impact
Country: Viet Nam
Closing date: 25 Jun 2018
Deputy Chief of Party/Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist, USAID/Vietnam Support Services Contract, Vietnam
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
The anticipated scope of the five-year project is to support USAID/Vietnam staff and partners to implement more efficient, effective and transparent programs by improving: (1) USAID and IP’s capacity to achieve expected results; (2) USAID’s understanding and tracking of project performance; and (3) coordination, collaboration and learning (CLA). The RFP is expected to be released August 1st, 2018, and the project will likely be awarded early 2019.
**Please Note: This is a local position. Only Vietnamese citizens are eligible to apply.
SI is seeking a full-time Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)/M&E Specialist who will serve as Senior M&E Advisor for the project and be responsible for leading all M&E activities, including building Mission and implementing partner (IP)’s capacity in M&E, learning, and knowledge management across USAID’s programming. The DCOP will also support the Chief of Party (COP) in reporting requirements, day to day project administration. The DCOP position will be full-time, based in Hanoi, for the duration of the project.
· Graduate degree in a relevant field.
· Minimum of eight years professional work experience managing complex donor-funded international development activities with significant expertise in monitoring, evaluation, and/or project design and analytical work as well as the related reporting to an international donor.
· Proven skills in evaluation design, methods, quantitative and qualitative methodologies and analysis.
· Experience in performance monitoring and evaluation in complex environments.
· Background in monitoring, evaluability assessments, analysis, and implementation of performance evaluations of development assistance programs and experience in the application of statistical methods is desirable.
· Previous experience supporting USAID-funded contracts desired.
· Computer literate and possess superior oral and written communication skills.
· Fluency in written and spoken English; and fluency in written and spoken Vietnamese desired.
· Experience working in Vietnam is highly desired.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
How to apply: