Organization: Clinton Health Access Initiative
Country: Viet Nam
Closing date: 16 Aug 2018
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org.
CHAI’s team in Vietnam consists of a dynamic core of 16 staff in addition to resources available at the regional and global levels.
Vietnam’s lower middle income country classification and the resulting donor exodus means that domestically sourced funding to finance health care is increasingly important. For instance, Vietnam is categorized by Gavi as a Phase 2 Accelerated Transition country and is set to lose Gavi financial support after 2019. Furthermore, several important vaccinations have not been added to Vietnam’s vaccination list due to costs.
To support the MOH:
- Generate evidence related to the feasibility of introducing the PCV and Rota virus vaccines
- Develop informed plans to mitigate the impact of the Gavi transition, promote transition ready systems, find efficiencies and raise domestic resources
- Strengthen vaccine cold chain
Supported by other in-country and global team members, the Vaccines Program Manager will be responsible for:
- Lead the development and refinement of the vaccines program’s strategic initiatives, facilitating ongoing alignment with the MOH strategic goals and priorities
- Lead a small vaccines team to meet established program objectives
- Translate objectives into clear activity plans, and provide guidance to vaccines team on prioritization of initiatives
- Identify strategic areas for expansion and guide proposal development needed for future program development
- Establish collaborative relationships with the MOH, partner organizations and other relevant stakeholders
- Ensure communications and activities are aligned with government, donors and partners.
- Collaborate with internal CHAI global and country teams to facilitate access to key information and stakeholders, provide updates, and leverage core competencies of the various CHAI teams
Donor Relationship Management
- Coordinate with donor organizations to provide progress updates, performance metrics, and other reporting requirements
- Manage the vaccines program budget and liaise with appropriate CHAI internal and donor teams to meet all mandated requirements
Perform other duties that may be assigned by country leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with a minimum of 5 years of work experience in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated experience in:
- Planning and execution of significant projects, including strategy development, budgeting and activities planning and prioritization
- Team management, specifically mentoring and shaping diverse teams
- Thinking strategically, handling ambiguity, and problem solving in a fast-paced, limited-structure and multicultural environment
- Building and maintaining collaborative relationships and working with multiple stakeholders
- Exposure to health care and/or health systems strengthening and/or experience working with Government bodies
- Excellent analytical (qualitative and quantitative) skills and communication (written and verbal) skills, including the ability to prepare and present compelling presentations and program planning and memo documents
- Fluency in English
- Experience in vaccines and/or health financing
- Experience working in resource-limited settings
- Experience working in pharmaceuticals, management consulting, investment banking, or a similar fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Fluency in Vietnamese language
How to apply: