Organization: United Nations Population Fund
Country: Viet Nam
Closing date: 06 Sep 2018
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS VACANCY IS OPEN ONLY TO NATIONALS OF VIET NAM.
Contract Type: Fixed Term Appointment (FTA)
Duty station: Ha Noi, Viet Nam
Duration: Initial one year with possible extension
Job ID: 17889
The Programme Analyst on Domestic Violence/Gender-based Violence (DV/GBV) is located in the UNFPA Country Office in Ha Noi, Viet Nam. He/She works under the overall supervision of and reports directly to the Programme Specialist on Gender and Human Rights.
- Responsible for and substantively contribute to the effective programme support management of the One Strategic Plan/CPD output on national response to DV/GBV.
- Analyze and assess relevant political, social and economic trends and provides substantive inputs to programme formulation and evaluation, joint programming initiatives and national legal/development frameworks on issues related to DV/GBV.
- Guide and facilitate the delivery of high quality and measurable UNFPA programmes by monitoring results achieved in the implementation of DV/GBV related interventions, in line with agreed upon One Strategic Plan/CPD output and indicators, while ensuring the established policies, rules and procedures of UNFPA and Government are complied to in all programme/project activities.
- Assist in influencing counterparts from diverse backgrounds to jointly contribute to advance the ICPD Programme of Action.
Qualifications and Experience
Education: Master’s Degree in social sciences or related fields, with a strong disposition in advocacy, policy making, adult learning/training, behavior change communication, monitoring and evaluation.
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least two years professional experience in programme/project management in the public or private sector, with demonstrated expertise in the substantive area of work and programme experience.
- Strong and proven analytical skills and proven ability to produce demonstrable results.
- Good understanding of the Vietnamese Government gender-related policies, laws, policy making processes and be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the relevant Government partners.
- Field experience would be desirable.
- Broad experience in gender programming, understanding of human rights dimensions of gender, experience in culturally sensitive programming and in advising and supporting initiatives such eliminating DV/GBV will be an asset.
Languages: Fluency in both oral and written English and Vietnamese. **
How to apply:
To view the complete job description and apply to this position, click “**Apply Now**” or visit the job link at https://www.unfpa.org/jobs/national-post-programme-analyst-domestic-violencegender-based-violence-ha-noi-viet-nam-country
UNFPA has established an electronic application management system. This allows applicants to create a candidate profile, which can be updated regularly and submitted for more than one vacancy.
Download the Step by Step Guide to Applying in the E-Recruit System of UNFPA at http://www.unfpa.org/employment . Please print out the Guide for your reference during the registration and application process.
Notice: There is no application, processing or other fee at any stage of the application process. UNFPA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV or AIDS and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
For more information about UNFPA Viet Nam Country Office, please visit our website at http://vietnam.unfpa.org