Organization: American Bar Association
Country: Viet Nam
Closing date: 09 Sep 2018
ABA Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI) is a non-profit program that implements legal reform programs in roughly 40 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 400 professional staff working internationally. ABA ROLI’s partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations.
ABA ROLI is seeking a Program Manager to be based in Hanoi, Vietnam to oversee a program focused on wildlife trafficking, in cooperation with the Wildlife Conservation Society. The program will include training on anti-corruption, anti-money laundering and financial tools for judges, criminal investigators and government officials, and integrating wildlife crimes into resources for judges. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of environmental crimes; experience designing training programs; skills in engaging with justice sector actors and other program stakeholders and experience managing the implementation of donor-funded programs, especially U.S. Government-funded projects. S/he will work closely with ABA ROLI’s Washington, DC office.
The role is for 12 months, with the possibility of extension, and is expected to start late 2018/early 2019.
· Responsible for day-to-day management of assigned programs and ensures that all programmatic requirements are being met/exceeded according to the ABA, ROLI, and grantor requirements;
· Maintains accountability for all timely, accurate, and compliant in-country programmatic monitoring and evaluation;
· Oversees and is accountable for the development and deployment of substantive programming and activities, including, but not limited to, project work plans, managing volunteer legal specialists and consultants, and convening, organizing, and participating in training opportunities within the host country;
· Establishes and enhances effective collaboration and relationships with local entities and other development partners to fulfill program objectives within cost constraints and garner additional funding from partners;
· Maintains proactive communications with ABA ROLI leadership to ensure timely and accurate updates on program activities, achievements, and shortcomings. Creates and implements corrective plans to improve performance against appropriate standards in areas where program shortcomings are identified;
· Assists in identifying best practices derived from lessons learned;
· Collaborates with ABA ROLI headquarters and local authorities to ensure that all programs and operations are compliant with local laws and regulations and, if required, have received all regulatory licensing/registrations prior to offering the program;
· Ensures compliance with all donor, ABA, US and Vietnamese laws/regulations while managing the program(s); ensures personal and program compliance with applicable anti-corruption laws;
· Assists in program design and the development of proposals in collaboration with Washington, DC office and other the field staff;
· Provides leadership, coaching, counseling, feedback, performance appraisal, and, where appropriate, applies corrective actions to an assigned team (if applicable);
· Performs other related duties as required.
· Relevant Masters’ degree, or law degree.
· At least 6 years of relevant professional experience.
· Strong background in grant management, ideally with experience of US grant regulations
· Fluency in Vietnamese and English.
· A deep understanding of wildlife trafficking and environmental crimes.
· An understanding of anti-corruption, anti-money laundering and related laws in Vietnam.
· Experience designing training programs and developing resources for the justice sector.
· Experience engaging with the justice sector in Vietnam, ideally with experience conducting programs with judges, and/or law enforcement.
· Expertise in the management and implementation of donor-funded programs.
· Experience successfully building and maintaining close productive working relationships with government, civil society, and other key stakeholders.
*Due to the high volume of applications received, we are only able to follow up with candidates who are selected for interviews. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and this position may be filled prior to the close date.*
How to apply:
Link to apply: https://www.recruitingcenter.net/Clients/abanet/PublicJobs/controller.cfm?jbaction=JobProfile&job_id=12229