Organization: Samaritan’s Purse
Country: Viet Nam
Closing date: 31 Oct 2018
Are you an experienced humanitarian leader and manager with a heart for refugees? Join us as a Country Director at Samaritan’s Purse! As a Country Director, you will serve as the organization’s primary representative for country office operations in Vietnam. Your leadership will be instrumental in showing the love of Christ to those in need. Let God put your leadership and humanitarian expertise to use for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose. Join us, today!
Description of Job duties:
- Provides overall vision, management and leadership to Samaritan’s Purse activities in Vietnam.
- Provides professional representation for Samaritan’s Purse with government officials, dignitaries, other NGOs, funding agencies, and visitors.
- Serves as director, executive administrator, and primary contact for country field projects.
- Maintains awareness and communicates legal and cultural requirements and ensures reasonable compliance of Samaritan’s Purse with the same.
- Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Ensures proper financial accounting and monthly reporting of all funds and financial activity.
- Monitors potential and present emergencies and keeps Samaritan’s Purse informed of events, including crisis response options.
- Monitors program effectiveness and financial accountability, and evaluates ongoing and new activities.
- Develops new programs, identifying and pursuing potential funding and other available resources for ongoing, new, or planned Samaritan’s Purse projects.
- All other duties deemed necessary by the Regional Director.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ related international work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Fluent spoken and written English required.
- Experience living and working overseas.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to travel to field sites to monitor projects
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Works well in a diverse team and a pressured environment.
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability in a high-stress environment.
24 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This is an accompanied assignment.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
How to apply:
To apply, please complete application and submit CV and Cover Letter at the following address: